Ashleigh Stone, Esq. is the owner and principal attorney at Stone Law & Consulting.
Before starting her preventive law practice, Ashleigh worked as a Los Angeles based business and employment litigator dedicated to representing and counseling employees and businesses on all aspects of California employment law. Her experience zealously representing more than a hundred employees and numerous businesses in litigation gives her a unique perspective in counseling small businesses on all aspects of business and employment legal compliance. She's seen costly legal battles erupt over poor employment and business practices -- which could have been avoided with preventive law services -- and she's determined to help her clients avoid the same mistakes. She is passionate about using her expertise to provide cost-effective services to small business owners who are determined to protect their business with best practices and reduce their risk of costly business disputes down the road.
Ashleigh grew up in Palm Springs, California with strong family ties to Long Beach. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of California, Riverside. Ashleigh earned her law degree at Thomas Jefferson School of Law and has been practicing in state and federal court since 2010. At TJSL, Ashleigh served as a law clerk for both the TJSL Veterans Legal Assistance Clinic and Los Angeles Legal Aid Foundation serving the Veterans Justice Center and Government Benefits Unit.
Community Engagement Ashleigh is an Community Champion of 1 Million Cups - Long Beach, which serves to connect local entrepreneur. She is also a co-founder of the Long Beach Small Business Diversity Alliance created to help empower local small business owners, which organizes a free montly workshop for local entreprenuers. She's passionate about serving the homeless and veterans in her community.
Grant Award Stone Law & Consulting was a 2017 recipient of the Entrepreneurship & Job Creating Grant awarded in partnership by the Downtown Long Beach Alliance and the Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at California State University Long Beach.
▪ Brand Protection with Trademarks, June 2018
▪ Developments in California Independent Contractor Law, May 2018
▪ Legal Structures for Business, May 2018 (Entrepreneurship Education Series in partnership by the Downtown Long Beach Alliance and the Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at California State University Long Beach)
▪ 10 Best Practices for Compensating California Employees, March 2018
▪ Compensating California Employees, October 2017
▪ Employee Handbook Best Practices, July 2017
▪ Hiring Best Practices & Pitfalls, June 2017
▪ Independent Contractor Best Practices & Pitfalls, April 2017
▪ Choose a Legal Structure for Small Business, February 2017